This highly interactive and engaging three day course fulfills all 33 CFR 105 requirements for Facility Security Officer (FSO) training. The scope of this training is designed to satisfy the maritime security training requirements of the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002, Chapter IX-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the IMO IPS Code and relevant U.S. Coast Guard regulations. In particular, the duties and responsibilities with respect to the security of a regulate offshore platform, for ensuring the development of a Facility Security Assessment, for ensuring the development of, implementing, maintaining and updating a Facility Security Plan as well as liaising with Vessel Security Officers (VSOs) and Company Security Officers (CSOs).
This course will be held on January 30 - February 1 at the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Following the course conclusion on February 1st, all students are invited to attend the Symposium for free which will begin Wednesday afternoon.
The goal of the Seebald & Associates’ Facility Security Officer Course is to familiarize FSOs and others with security duties of salient regulations, equipment and topics they may encounter in pursuit of their assigned duties.
Those who successfully complete this course will have the competence to:
- Develop, maintain, and supervise the implementation of a facility security plan;
- Assess security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities;
- Undertake regular inspection of the facility to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained;
- Ensure security equipment and any systems, if any, are properly operated, tested, and calibrated; and
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance.
- Maritime Security Policy and Up-to-Date Regulatory Changes
- Security Threat Updates
- Cybersecurity for Maritime Facilities
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Final Rule
- Preparing for your U.S. Coast Guard Compliance Inspection
- Proper SSI handling
- Conducting a proper OCS Facility Security Assessment & Risk Based Analysis
- Access Control Requirements
- How to Conduct Drills and Exercises
- Security Administration
- Emergency Preparedness
- Security Training