This course is designed for FSOs that have previously taken a Seebald & Associates Course and wants a quick refresher and update on the laws and regulations that have changed recently. it will be a highly interactive and engaging course focusing on the knowledge and skills to keep a facility security officer up to date on the latest techniques and requirements. This course will re-ground you in your duties and responsibilities with respect to security of a port facility, implementing, maintaining and updating a Facility Security Plan and for liaising with Ship Security Officers (SSOs) and Company Security Officers (CSOs).
The refresher course will be given on Tuesday, June 5th at the Marriott New Orleans hotel.
The goal of the Seebald & Associates Facility Training Officer Refresher Course is to familiarize FSOs and others with security duties of the salient regulations, equipment and topics they may encounter in pursuit of their assigned duties.
Those who successfully complete this course will have the competence to:
- Develop, maintain and supervise the implementation of a facility security plan;
- Assess security risk, threat, and vulnerability;
- Undertake regular inspections of the facility to ensure that appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained;
- Ensure that security equipment and any systems, if any, are properly operated, tested and calibrated; and
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance.
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Drills and Exercises
- Port facility Security Plan
- Port Facility Security Actions
- Security Administration
- Security Training